> try restarting musicip and the squeezecenter server.

No luck, same behavior.

I shut down both, booted MIP, and then restarted the server.

Sugarcube does not appear in the Extras (or any other) menu, but when I
go to the Sugercube plugin setup page, it tells me that it's been
enabled, the port is 10002, and no filters are set.  I can turn it on
and off at will by checking the box and clicking 'apply', as well as
change any of the other settings.  Those settings are getting saved
because they were unchanged from how I had set them (tweaked mix style
and variety) when I restarted everything above.

In the MIP settings, the port is also 10002 and the port test indicates
everything is working, and I can make traditional MIP mixes by clicking
on the `M' icon in my library.

Finally, when I play a single song, it plays and then stops.  No new
songs are chosen.

Are there any other plugins that I should have installed that are
required to get this to work?

--
craigim