tamanaco;455975 Wrote:

> This is how I seee it at a high level. The difference between MusicIP
> and SugarCube is that with MusicIP one can "manually" create an
> intelligent playlist with a predetermined number of tracks based on a
> "single" seed (track).

I would just make a correction that you are not restricted to a single
track for the seed. Your MIP mixes can be based on a single track, an
album, an artist, a playlist, or multiple tracks. It's just that in most
Squeezebox interfaces, it's difficult to "select" multiple tracks unless
they are in a playlist.

I like the rest of your description. Sugarcube tends to meander a lot
more that a regular MIP mix, which is the main difference to me. Often I
don't like the direction it gets going in and I have to start it off
clean again, but setting up filters in MIP helps with that.

Chunkywizard: You may already have this covered, but if you write
anything up, you should make a note about disabling the Bonjour service
on WHS before running the MusicIP installer. That tripped me up until I
found the solution via Google. Now that the MIP forums are gone, it
might not be as easy to find the solution.

Also, I never did anything special, and I have never had a problem with
the startup order of MusicIP and Squeezebox Server.

You may want to make a suggestion in your write-up to run analysis on a
machine other that your WHS machine. I found that even going over the
network, it was TONS faster to do analysis on one of my client machines
instead of my HP MediaSmart. It also kept it from bogging down the
server for the several days it was going to take to do analysis. By
running it on my client PC, it was done overnight. I also do all new
music analysis on a client machine over the network, archiving analysis,
and then just add the songs via headless GUI.

Guess that's all I can think of to add...

--
MeSue

SUE

1 Duet | 2 Booms | 1 SB2 | HP MediaSmart Server
Find me on 'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue) | 'Twitter'
(http://twitter.com/suechastain)