I installed WeatherTime yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. However,
I noticed that the current temperature is nowhere near correct for my
area (I entered by UK city in the Wunderground city field).
Having called the Wunderground API URL that is being used by
WeatherTime to get the current temperature (in my browser), I found that
Wunderground is returning a seemingly random temperature - not from a
weather station near me at all.
I had a look at the Wunderground API, and it would appear that I can
use a different API call to get the data for a specific PWS (personal
weather station). When I do this, the XML data returned contains a much
more realistic current temperature.
I have therefore performed the following modifications to my install of
WeatherTime, and wondered if the community was interested in my changes
being added to the standard release.
- Added a field in settings to allow a PWS to be specified
- Changed $CURRENT_QUERY_URI to use
http://api.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp
- Changed format for current temp to display to 1 decimal place

--
attenuator