allanweinman;464223 Wrote:
> It would have been nice if logitech would have included the xmradio
> functionality like they did for so many other 3rd party plugins. It
> almost seems each time logitech comes out with a new version of
> slimserver they purposely break xmradio plugin.

I suspect this has more to do with the folks who maintain the 3rd party
XM plugin than anything else. Logitech has had 7.4 in beta for ages, and
they've answered questions from us 3rd party developers as we've tried
to update our code to work with the new release. Logitech isn't
purposely breaking anything; they're making changes that are needed or
seen to be valuable, and sometimes those changes break 3rd party code.

That's not to say that it's always easy or fun to update code for new
releases; I certainly would have had more fun last weekend if I hadn't
been trying so hard to get my 16 plugins working in 7.4 before Radio
shipped. But I can't blame Logitech for my procrastination.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock