erland;471672 Wrote:
> Make sure you keep a copy of the original backup file.
>
> I think replacing "file%3A%2F%2F%2FH%3A%2FMin%2520musik" with
> "file%3A%2F%2F%2FI%3A%2FMP3%2FMin%2520musik" should do it.

I will try that. But what about the
"file%3A%2F%2F%2F%2FMUSIKMASKINEN%2FMedia%2520(D)%2FFlac%2" bit that has
been moved to  "\\Musikmaskinen\Musik (H)\Mina CD (Flac)"?

What if there are entries in the backup file for the same music file
but with different paths that I through the search and replace operation
unify to one path? Can TrackStat handle multiple entries in the database
for one music file, i.e. one path?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to be sure that I do not
make any mistake. A simple answer, with no explanation of technical
details, would be enough for me, if there is such a thing as a simple
answer like "Go ahead, TrackStat will take care of that".

erland;471672 Wrote:
> The backup might contain more information then what you see. The reason
> is that if a file is moved/renamed it's still in the database so if you
> perform a backup it's still there. However, it will only be reconnected
> to the new filename if you perform a restore operation.
>
> When I do a restore I always start by clicking the "Remove all data"
> button to make sure the restore is perform in an empty database. If you
> don't do this the restore will overwrite and add more information. This
> can sometimes be useful if you have several backup files because you can
> theoretically restore an old backup first and then restore a newer
> backup as a second step. Files that exists in both backups will use the
> values from the newer backup file but files that only exists in the old
> backup will keep the values from the old backup file. There is now
> advanced merging, if a file exists in both files it will use the values
> from the last one restored.

OK, I will:
1. Make a backup copy of the 92 MB backup file.
2. With TrackStat save a backup copy of the current database.
3. Search and replace the 92 MB backup file.
4. Remove all data from TrackStat.
5. Restore the old 92 MB backup file, that I searched and replaced.
6. Make a backup copy of the new, current, backup file.
7. Search and replace the new, current, backup file.
8. Restore the new, current, backup file, that I searched and
replaced.
9. Hope for the best.

Or would the other way around perhaps be better? I may have files
recently played, that have a high play count in the old backup but with
only one play in the current database. If that is the case then perhaps
I will lose the play count from the old backup and have that replaced
with a play count of only one?

Thanks for all your help, erland!

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wireless), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng
on iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win XP | 7.4.1 on Win XP