vagskal;471452 Wrote:

> It would be great if you could tell me how to do the search and replace
> operation. Below are some short excerpts from the backup file:

Make sure you keep a copy of the original backup file.

I think replacing "file%3A%2F%2F%2FH%3A%2FMin%2520musik" with
"file%3A%2F%2F%2FI%3A%2FMP3%2FMin%2520musik" should do it.

vagskal;471452 Wrote:

> PS. I guess there is no way to merge the old backup file with the new
> data produced and contained in a more recent backup file. I guess from
> the size of the backup files that some of the old data got restored into
> the recent backup file.

The backup might contain more information then what you see. The reason
is that if a file is moved/renamed it's still in the database so if you
perform a backup it's still there. However, it will only be reconnected
to the new filename if you perform a restore operation.

When I do a restore I always start by clicking the "Remove all data"
button to make sure the restore is perform in an empty database. If you
don't do this the restore will overwrite and add more information. This
can sometimes be useful if you have several backup files because you can
theoretically restore an old backup first and then restore a newer
backup as a second step. Files that exists in both backups will use the
values from the newer backup file but files that only exists in the old
backup will keep the values from the old backup file. There is now
advanced merging, if a file exists in both files it will use the values
from the last one restored.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))