gharris999;474200 Wrote:
> Yes, I've been thinking of this issue too.  I think you'd have to have a
> way of limiting the allowable cli command requests to a whitelisted
> "safe" subset.

I have a hard time imagining what commands would be safe. Perhaps the
handler could look at the URL for the current playlist and default to
only accepting cli:// URLs from playlists with file:// URLs referring to
the local host (no http addresses, no UNC paths, etc.)? I think it's
possible to determine the playlist that's being used.

I pushed an updated KidsPlay to my testing area, directory
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/slim7/TESTING/KidsPlay/ and repo URL
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/slim7/repodata-test.xml that

-  supports "\" as an escape char (for escaping " and ; -- use \\ to
  include \ itself
-  allows a player to be specified by plain MAC (*00:04:20:11:22:33
  power 1*) or with the colon that KidsPlay used to insist on
  (*00:04:20:11:22:33: power 1*) -- and also supports name + ":",
  "ALL:", and "OTHERS:"
-  has some routines you can grab for getting arrays of arrays --
  look for the "macro-parsing routines" comments before and after -- for
  getCommands(), makePlayerList(), parseFields(), splitLines(), and
  getClientByName(). They're not optimized, but they work. Comments
  before getCommands() explain what the array of arrays looks like. You
  should be able to pass undef for $client if you don't know the client
  -- you'll end up with undef for the calling client, and undef for the
  context client for any command that doesn't specify something with
  MAC, name, ALL, or OTHERS.

Please let me know how that works for you. You'll have to look
elsewhere in the code to see how I use the task scheduler API -- look
for processCommandFromQueue(), addToQueue(), etc.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock