danco;477676 Wrote:
> I've just realised a glitch with the setup script on Mac OS X.
>
> It has to be run using sudo. But this requires the user to be an admin
> user.
>
> I do not normally run as an admin user, and Squeezebox Server was
> installed from my standard user account.
>
> If I switch to my admin account, then the sudoers file does not get
> correctly changed (I think, but am not sure about this) and the log file
> definitely gets created under the admin user, which is not what's
> wanted.
>
> Simplest solution seems to be to add, in the setup notes, that
> non-admin users should be set up temporarily as admin ones.
>
> Another solution (if the only issue is with the log file, and not with
> sudoers) might be to have two setup scripts, one just for creating a log
> file.
>
> I did find SvrPowerControl was doing what I wanted. But a problem
> elsewhere in my system forced me to restore from a backup that did not
> have the changed sudoers file, so I have to run the setup again.
Which do you think is the simpler / safer instruction?

To instruct the user to temporarily change their account status to
administrator, or, to login as the administrator and, from a terminal:

# sudo echo nonadminusername ALL=(ALL) ALL >>/etc/sudoers

Actually, it seems pretty clear that your suggestion is better.  I'll
update the help file.  Thanks.

--
gharris999