Innocence;477667 Wrote:
> Since upgrade to 7.4.0 (now 7.4.1 final) the SBC no longer sends a WOL
> to my server. When I choose the Music menu, I simple get a message
> saying:
>
> I thought this problem was caused by the SBC controller sofware, but
> since noone else has this problem, I'm suspecting it's because I'm the
> only one in the world using SCCLITOOL to control the players.
>
> I use the SBR to "Turn off receiver". When script detects the SBR is
> powered off, it does a>
Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> A few minutes later the server is put in standby.
> After this the SBR can no longer WOL the server - it seems to
> completely forget it was ever connected to the server. This problem
> never occured when I used the SvrPowerControl plugin on 7.3. My best
> guess is that the SBS plugin somehow supplies info about the server to
> the SBR (so it's able to WOL the next time), and the SCCLITOOL does
> not (hope this makes sense).
>
> As a sidenote: Often when the player is moved to MSB
> (MySqueezeNetwork.com) the receiver turns back on (LED turns on, and
> text on the SBR changes to "Turn off receiver"). I then have to turn
> it off again using the SBR, because SCCLITOOL is unable to power off
> the SBR when it's connected to MSB.
Can you explain more fully what you are trying to accomplish here?  And
why?

Also, when you run your SCCLITool.exe script, are you using the SBR's
mac address, or the SBC's?

There are so many behavior differences between the 7.3.x SBC firmware
and 7.4's and between SqueezeNetwork and MySqueezebox.com that nothing
of what you describe may have anything to do with either SrvrPowerCtrl
or SCCLITool.exe.

Innocence;477667 Wrote:
> My best guess is that the SBS plugin somehow supplies info about the
> server to the SBR (so it's able to WOL the next time), and the SCCLITOOL
> does not (hope this makes sense).
Unfortunately, SrvrPowerCtrl does no such thing, nor does any other
plugin. ANY player's ability to WOL a server is completely dependent on
it's own firmware.  There is no way (that I know of) to 'externally'
program any Squeezebox of any type with the mac address of the local SBS
server.  You can't even do this with Robin's Net-UDAP and the SBR.  With
most Squeezebox models, the firmware, on setup, captures the server's
mac address by looking at the arp cache, I believe.  Usually, if your
player looses the ability to WOL your server, the solution is to perform
a factory reset of the player and set it up again.  After the initial
connection to the local server, the player 'remembers' that mac address.
A side effect of this behavior has always been that, if you have
multiple SBS servers, the player only has the ability to WOL one of
them.  While a player may remember the name and ip address of the last
server it was connected to, it only remembers the mac address of the
*first* server it was connected to.

This is how it worked with the 7.3.x firmwares, anyway.

I will say this: with the SBC, because it is an actual 'computer', you
can hack some of the scripts on it's OS so that it will WOL your server
every time you turn the SBC on.  I've done this when I've had WOL
troubles with the SBC in the past.  Also, there was a WOL applet for the
SBC for the 7.3.x SqueezePlay platform.  I don't know if it's been
updated for 7.4.

--
gharris999