danco;478421 Wrote:
> Should there be a Srvrpowerctl log? I don't seem to have one, but the
> relevant logging seems to take place as part of server.log.
The plugin itself logs to server.log...which is quite normal for
SqueezeCenter/SBS plugins.  If you set SrvrPowerCtrl's logging to
'debug' in the SBS Settings->Advanced->Logging section, the server.log
is where SrvrPowerCtrl starts to become very chatty and confessional.

I do have the OSX external scripts writing to:

/Users/username/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/srvrpowerctrl.log

The data in this log isn't really very interesting, but it is a good
confirmation that the external scripts are successfully executing.

danco;478421 Wrote:
> I'm having problems at present. Probably me. I have two shell scripts,
> both of which work fine when run from the computer, so the scripts
> themselves are ok.
>
> I have set them as custom commands, and also have one set to run when
> my players are not idle. One script runs ok when run directly from
> SvrPowerCtl (I can never remember the exact spelling). The other, which
> is also the one set to run when not idle, does not execute either when
> not idle or when run directly.
Which one runs OK, and which one does not?  Your log entries show both
'caffeinon.sh' and 'caffeineoff.sh' returning -1.  Normally, I would
think that a return code of -1 would indicate a permissions problem in
executing the command...or something like that.  Are you ending the
scripts with 'exit -1' ?  Could you have the scripts exit 0 on success?
Also, did you add a reference to the scripts in /etc/sudoers?  I'm not
sure this is strictly necessary, but it can't hurt.

--
gharris999