epoch1970;478941 Wrote:
> Gordon,
> when playing around SBS on the mac to test the Caffeine thing, I had
> trouble getting the UI to work reliably. Turns out I had idle player
> monitoring on, and no player attached at all. I unchecked idle player
> monitoring and suddenly all went well.
> - I think my sudoers entries are correct (they should)
> - I have the desktop blockers, but I started, stopped the server quite
> a few times, so I am not sure what you're doing with the blockers when
> the server stops. I haven't logged out in days.
> - I have NO player at all attached to this SBS.

Code:
--------------------
  >   > [09-10-28 23:48:41.7456] Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::Menu::initActionItems
(284) Adding custom command # 0 : Caffeine On : /usr/bin/osascript
/applications/utilities/caffeine-start-stop.scpt on 10
  > [09-10-28 23:48:45.1161] Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::WebUI::RenderActionPage
(207) action == customcmd0
  > [09-10-28 23:48:45.1164]
Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::Plugin::GetPendingActionMessage (214) Timer #
EV::Timer=SCALAR(0x356858c) already pending.  Action suspend ignored..
  > [09-10-28 23:48:45.1166] Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::WebUI::RenderActionPage
(260) Customcmd0 is unavailable.  Suspend is already pending in -6580 seconds..

--------------------

Let's revisit this in a couple of days.  The code has been pretty flaky
for the past couple of days as I've tried to work out the 7.3.x bugs
introduced with changes for 7.4.  One step forward, two back.

The setblock.sh script on OS X uses "soft blocks" which don't survive
restarting SBS.  The scripts could be rewritten to create and then
delete a /var/lock/spc-block file.  That would be a "hard block".  You
should make sure the user account has full permissions to that file in
order for SrvrPowerCtrl to be able to delete the file and clear the
block via the CLI or the webUI menu.  The only down side to this is
that, unlike with linux, OS X doesn't clear the /var/lock folder on
restart.  So you really, really have to remember to clear the block once
you've set it.

--
gharris999