I had a few issues with it at the time although I was not testing
simultaneous use. I don't know why they happened and I wasn't going to
spend time chasing them.  It is possible I was testing functionality
that you do not use (e.g. OGG streams) or that I had not set things up
correctly.

IIRC The main issue was not to have 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9b1 installed and
being run at the same system not necessarily simultaneously - I
suspected the problem might be associated with preferences, different
location of libraries or Java libraries (there are different version
used between 3.8 and 3.9b1) as not all had different names for different
versions.

The warning intent was to avoid chasing bugs associated with versions
and only chase bugs in 3.9b1.

--
bpa