Ultraviolet;515806 Wrote:
> So I've been using MusicIP and SBS for years and years and, while it has
> been glitchy, I've made it work.  That is, until my music outgrew it's
> 2TB volume.  I know that other people here have a similar set up
> working, but I am clearly missing something.  Here's my setup:
>
> Music (FLAC & MP3) on two separate 2 TB partitions (E: and F:).  Music
> IP is pointed to these paths directly and all tracks are analyzed (and
> mixes can be made directly with MiP).  A folder (C:\MusicLibrary)
> contains shortcuts to E: and F: and SBS is pointed here.  All tracks are
> found in SBS, but none of them have the "M" for MiP mixes.  My MiP setup
> is headless, the service is running and http://localhost:10002 works
> just fine.  If I point SBS to directly to either E: or F: (meaning I get
> half of my music library) the "M" is in SBS and everything is good.  The
> only time I can't get it working at all, is when I have to point SBS to
> a folder of shortcuts.  I know other people have made this work.  I have
> tried probably 30 complete scans trying various things over months and
> am about to give up completely.  I have debug turned on for the MiP log
> and I can't find any problems with it (portion of log attached).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?  For me MiP functionality is the sole
> reason for using SBS.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I'm a bit confused. MusicIP HEADLESS server doesn't point directly at
your music drives - it reads the m3lib cache file which is pointed at by
the mmm.ini file which SHOULD say:

cache=C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name here!}\Application
Data\MusicIP\MusicIP Mixer\default.m3lib

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio