Dustysox;516042 Wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Very kind of you.
>
> The questions begin....
>
> Understand about analyse music, but where are the results kept and
> how/what store additional tags?  If so, do we then point squeezebox
> server to scan from that point?

OK I'll try (but remember my experience of NAS running apps is zippo!)
1) The results of the music analysis are written to a file called
default.m3lib - this is the MusicIP databae on your machine. They are
also (optionally) written as tags (just like the album title, track
title etc)inside your music files themselves - but ONLY if you enable
the MIP setting called "Auto-archive tags" or something like that. You
can write them manually in the Windows MIP GUI by selecting files and
right-click - Archive Analysis...

Archiving the analysis to the files themselves is vital if you want to
move files around on your disks...otw mip will rebuild its database and
re-analyse the music!

2) If you have the MusicIP plugin installed in SBS, when a scan runs it
will talk to the mip server process and for each track it will receive a
marker from mip that says  "I've anlaysed this and know how to do a mix
from it".
This will put a little "M" (mixable) icon on the various lists of
tracks, albums etc you see in the sbs web ui or on the SB devices

3) If you click the "M" icon SBS and the MIP server will talk to each
other and the MIP server will return to SBS a playlist based on your
starting track

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio