Ultraviolet, I run a similar setup to yours but with MIP running as a
gui (XP SP3).
Music in F:\SqueezeCentre Music, which has two shortcuts - Music from F
and Music from G - the shortcuts point at F:\Music and G:\Music2. Within
these two directories are a bunch of other directories - F:\Music\FLAC -
new, F:\Music\FLAC from Broulee, etc - and within these directories the
usual Artist, Album, Track structure.
Have you tried running MIP as a GUI rather than headless?

I have never bothered to run MIP headless for two main reasons, the
first being that I make mixes in MIP, save them and then run an "only
scan playlists" in SB server, and secondly it just seemed a bit
complicated.

--
Wirrunna

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.