Sorry Phil, I was gone for the weekend, but I really appreciate all of
your help so far.  To answer your questions:

http://127.0.0.1:10002/api/songs? gives me a page cannot be displayed
screen after perhaps 10-15 seconds.  So that definitely seems to be a
problem, if not the problem.

My Music is on E:\ and F:\.  These are two, 2TB volumes on a SCSI
attached array on the same machine running SBS.  My SBS (containing two
shortcuts to E:\ and F:\) music folder is C:\MusicLibrary.

"I think your problem is related to step 1. If you are only reading
"mixable status" from MiP, this is an incremental process (as I
understand it) so the error message you are getting is preventing any
new tracks (in MiP) being set as mixable in SBS - however, anything
mixable from prior scans stays as mixable. This could lead to you seeing
rather confusing results. The whole shortcuts thing could be a red
herring."

I don't really understand what you're aying here.  I don't have any
songs mixable at all at this point and it all crapped out when I
switched to using shortcuts.  One important point that keeps me from
thinking that the shortcut thing is a red herring is that I can get a
2TB volume SBS with MiP information just fine.  The only change I make
is to point the SBS library directly at the file location instead of a
shortcut.

"I'd concentrate on http://127.0.0.1:10002/api/songs?extended - if this
doesn't work when pasted into a browser it won't work in the scanner and
you won't be able to add the mixable status of any new tracks at all -
even from your existing disk with no shortcuts"

I'm not sure about this.  I'm trying a scan again with SBS pointed to
the actual volume location.  I'll try
http://127.0.0.1:10002/api/songs?extended and let you know if it works
that way.

I am running a headless server (setup via instructions on Spicefly) and
do have an active the MusicMagicServer process running.  Additionally
http://127.0.0.1:10002 works just fine and I can see all tracks here.

The Windows GUI isn't running, all services are unchecked and I've set
the port to 10003 in the off chance they come to life on their own.

"...and you are reloading the cache into the headless server (or
stopping and restarting the service) after you make any changes to the
content of default.m3lib?"

Sorry, I don't quite follow this.  The cache is loaded into the
headless server.  I have done some new analysis on both the GUI and
http://127.0.0.1:10002 over the last several months, but the caches seem
to match and I've restarted this machine so many times trouble-shooting
this, that the service has been stopped and restarted many times.

I'm using XP SP3, MiP 1.9 (but this issue persists with 1.8 as well),
SBS is 7.4.1 r28947 and the browser is IE 7.

Just to clarify, the above setup works perfectly when the SBS library
is pointed directly to a folder or drive.  With the exact same set up,
with SBS pointed to a folder of shortcuts, it doesn't work at all.  That
really seems like a single variable issue, but I am totally at a loss of
how to resolve it.  You're right, not being able to access
http://127.0.0.1:10002/api/songs?extended  seems to be the issue, but
how do I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks again for all the help.

--