In theory, the duet controller could send commands over wifi to a plugin
running on your server which could then interpret them and forward the
necessary information to transir.  However I don't think such a plugin
exists at the moment.  SqueezeIR certainly can't do what you want and I
very much doubt irBlaster can do it either although I'm not an expert
regarding irBlaster.

SqueezeIR simply turns the controller into an ir handset for pointing
at your kit in the same way that the regular remote would work.
irBlaster uses an SB3/Boom to capture ir codes and send them to your
server.  They are then modified if necessary and returned back to the
SB3 which emits them via an irLED.

To use SqueezeIR you would need line-of-sight between the controller
and the amp.  To use irBlaster you would need line-of-sight between the
controller and an SB3 or Boom but you wouldn't need l-o-s between the
SB3 and the amp although you would need to run a cable.

You could use an ir repeater with SqueezeIR to essentially move the ir
detector of your amp to somewhere more suitable where l-o-s could be
established.  From what I gather, the transIR modules can operate in
this mode.

--
indifference_engine