indifference_engine;524641 Wrote:
> @fquails:
> As promised (albeit a little later than I originally thought) is an xml
> config file suitable for use with SqueezeIR v0.4+  It should be broadly
> equivalent to your csv config files that you created for the old
> version.  Both the xml and the lirc file need to go into the
> SqueezeIR\data folder on your controllers (the config contains codes for
> both of your amps).  Any existing files in the data folder can be
> removed as they are just my config as an example.  NB: The '.txt' at the
> end of the filenames will need to be removed but I had to add it to get
> round the forum's attachment rules.
>
> Once you've got SqueezeIR and the config files installed, restart the
> controller.  Then go into Settings>SqueezeIR and set the default profile
> to whichever room you want and ensure the 'Use Player Profiles' box is
> selected.  You may also want to go into Settings>Home Menu to put
> SqueezeIR on your Home Menu. Now exit the settings screen (SqueezeIR
> disables itself when in settings just in case you've done something
> silly like disabled the GO button!).
>
> Now for the fun bit...
> The controller should control the amp that's attached to the player
> that it's controlling. If you switch players then SqueezeIR will
> automatically switch its profile to the codes for the amp attached to
> the new player.  The volume buttons will control the amp instead of the
> SBR and will work from any screen!  The SqueezeIR menu contains the
> other functions as before but when in the menu the home button will turn
> the amp on (press) or off (hold), the add button will sleep the RX-397
> and the volume buttons will continue to change the amp's volume.  You
> can get to the SqueezeIR menu from the Home menu (if you've set it up as
> above) or from the Extras menu or quickly from anywhere by pressing
> back+home together.  Holding back+home together on any screen takes you
> to SqueezeIR settings.
>
> I think the xml file format will begin to make a little more sense to
> you now you've got a real-life example that works with your kit.  Feel
> free to modify it and experiment.  If you make a change to the xml then
> you can use the 'Reload Configuration' option in SqueezeIR settings to
> activate the changes without needing a restart.  I have found this
> feature a little temperamental though so you may need a restart anyway -
> try it and see!
>
> The RX-V1800 was a pig to configure as it uses two protocols and two
> device codes and one of them protocols is propietary (hence the need for
> the lirc file) but the RX-397 was pretty straight-forward.
>
> Obviously, I can't test that I've got all the codes correct so you may
> find a command that doesn't work if I've made a typo but I am confident
> that the files are at least syntactically correct.  If there is one that
> doesn't work it should be relatively trivial for you to correct it
> [...]

Hey, thanks!!  I installed it and it worked perfectly!  I then made a
few changes for the RX-V1800 (I didn't make any changes for the RX-397).
The changes related to the RX-V1800 are as follows:

1.  Deleted the LIRC data file because I found the NEC format codes
that work for Memory settings 1-4.  Thus, I deleted the xml lines that
referenced the LIRC data file, and replaced them with the appropriate
lines using NEC codes.

2.  Edited the "Power On" and "Home" key to do the following:  Turn the
receiver on, select "SQUEEZEBOX" as the input, and engage "Memory 1".  I
found codes that activate Memory settings 1-4 with one press of a
button, so it wasn't necessary to engage the Memory buttons twice to
confirm.

3.  Added "TV" command.  When activated, the "TV" command switches the
receiver's input to TV, and activates "Memory 3".  I sometimes have the
TV on while listening to the Duet---when something interesting shows up
on the screen, I activate "TV" on the SBController to hear the TV
sound.

4.  Added "SQUEEZEBOX" command.  When activated, the receiver switches
the input to SQUEEZEBOX, and activates "Memory 1".  This command is
useful when returning to music listening from the TV, when the
interesting part of the TV show is finished.

5.  Added six volume presets.  I saved six commonly used music
listening volume settings I use for the RX-V1800.  With the press of one
button, I can set the volume to any one of the six specific settings.

Hopefully I didn't forget to explain any other changes I made.  I've
attached the zipped, revised xml file showing the changes.

Thanks again, indifference engine.  I am having so much fun with my
controllers' new functions.

|Filename: SqueezeIR.zip                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9462|

fquails