Chris82;528943 Wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I think I found the fundamental misunderstanding I had.
>
> Is it true that the SCpowertool is only triggered if the server is
> suspended / hibernated by the plugin itself, let's say after a sleep
> timer is over or idle time of attached players has been reached?
>
> It seems like it is not triggered if the system is set to standby /
> hibernation by a windows energy plan, is that right?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Chris
That is correct.  It is possible for a windows utility to "know" when
the system is being put to sleep via the operating system power
manager.  The OS sends out a message to all applications that have what
is known as a windows message queue.  Unfortunately, this isn't
something that a perl based plugin like SrvrPowerCtrl can do.  At some
point, I really should write some kind of windows utility that monitors
the system, listening for PM initiated sleep, and sends SrvrPowerCtrl a
cli request to set alarms.  Not sure when I'll get the time to do this,
though.

--
gharris999