stevekgoodwin;540030 Wrote:
> Thanks Greg, that will be great but there's no rush. Nappies and work
> are time consuming things. If I get to needing the latest cut I'll let
> you know.
>
> To prevent collisions each SDT extension could ask for a %prefix,
> although I'm not sure programmatically is the right approach. If the
> allocated prefix was not consistent it would be annoying for users as
> one person's config won't be transferable (or even as Slimserver
> versions change and the SDT extensions are not updated in sync). Maybe
> it's an registration system?
>
> I could grab (say) %XA[.*] and the next thing could have %XB[.*] and so
> on. Which breaks the printf model a bit but shouldn't matter.
>
> The only caveat with the addMacro thing I'll need is to make sure the
> macros are replaced in the order they're added (eg array vs hash) to
> make sure %X10 and %X1 don't cause weirdness.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve.
For now to keep things simple I'm allowing a custom plugin to register
whatever macro it wants.  It'll be up to the plugin developer to ensure
that they're not using a duplicate.  On my CTA bus tracker plugin that
I'm working on I allow the custom plugin user to define the macro
name.

-Greg

--
GoCubs