snow;560504 Wrote:
> 1. You can run 2 squeezebox servers, one on solaris with all your music
> and one on linux(virtual) with only spotify running.
This is not ideal, but could be a temporary solution.  Would be much
better though, if one could be able to run the plugin on another
machine.

snow;560504 Wrote:
> or
>
> If you are able to share files from the solaris machine to your virtual
> OS you can then run the SC server on the virtual os with both you music
> and spotify.

I am a Unix system administrator, so ofc I know I could run the server
on the linux machine.  As I said originally, I would rather not do
that, as the virtual machine is super slow, and the Solaris machine is
super quick with dual xeon and tons of memory.  Running Squeezebox
Server on a super slow virtual machine, indexing music over the network
has been tried, and it is not something I would like to go back to :)

Will go and pester the Spotify people to release a library for Solaris
though.  Maybe they will listen (doubtful) - one can hope :)

--
MortenCB