adamdea;561569 Wrote:
> Btw the helper app does not seem to be running. I have no idea what to
> do next.

On my QNAP TS-329 I used a terminal connection to get the helper app
running manually first. That way i could easily see the output from the
helper app.

To do this you have to enable ssh on your QNAP from the admin pages.
Then use putty or a similiar program for your terminal connections. I
also used WinSCP for easier file transfers.

To get it running i did the following:
1. Installed the latest version of the plugin.
2. Located the install dir using this terminal command: "find / -name
spotifyd".
3. Replaced the spotifyd binary in the found location with the
alternative one.
4. Located libFLAC.so.8 since spotifyd couldn't find it (i guess
because of non standard paths on the QNAP or something like that) and
made a symlink to it in the same directory as spotifyd.

Good luck.

/Martin

--
contour