Thanks a lot for this great enhancement. Where do you see the
performance problem regarding recursive adding of folders?

I found two little issues with gallery:

1. Adding folders adds all files within the folder and does not filter
out any non-JPEG files. This makes it impossible to view that
collection of files as a slideshow. I had to manually remove in the
config file the other files to get a working slideshow

2. The slideshow ignores the setting for random display. I have no idea
whether this is a problem of your gallery plugin or the Image Viewer
component you are using for display.

Thanks for your help,
Campus

--