Hi,

I want to stream audio from my laptop to my squeezebox. The Squeezebox
server is installed on a headless NAS that stores all household medias.

I have setup pulseaudio so that my laptop serves an audio stream that
is picked up by the NAS. This works as expected! Using pavucontrol I
can tell that the NAS picks up and plays whatever I am playing on my
laptop. The NAS has no hardware soundcard.

However, I don't know how to record the pulse stream and thus I have no
idea on how to have it played back on my Squeezebox. No soundcard is
detected:

Code:
--------------------

  ss4200:intel:[~] arecord -l
  arecord: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

--------------------

Here is my alsa-setup

Code:
--------------------
    ss4200:intel:[~] cat /etc/asound.conf
  # Use PulseAudio by default
  pcm.!default {
  type pulse
  }

  ctl.!default {
  type pulse
  }

  # Explicit PulseAudio device
  pcm.pulse {
  type pulse
  }

  ctl.pulse {
  type pulse
  }

--------------------

My /etc/pulse/client.conf:

Code:
--------------------

  ; default-sink =
  ; default-source =
  default-server =192.168.1.132

  ; autospawn = yes
  ; daemon-binary = /usr/bin/pulseaudio
  ; extra-arguments = --log-target=syslog

  cookie-file = /etc/pulse-cookie

  ; enable-shm = yes
  ; shm-size-bytes = 0 # setting this 0 will use the system-default, usually 64
MiB

I have tried to playback wavein:default and wavein:pulse but neither
work. Nor have I been able to record whatever is playing using arecord.
That would be step 1.

So any input on how to catch a remote puleaudio stream would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--