results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

TheAbbot;565206 Wrote:
> Another method that springs to mind (and one that maintains the
> independence of the profiles and menus) is to allow the <actions> or
> even <events> group to be defined independently and refer to actions /
> events rather than commands in the <menu> and <profile> sections. My
> first thought was to do this in the <remote> sections: instead of an
> ID'd <command>, an ID'd <event> could be referred to later on. But of
> course <remote> probably should literally describe a remote and in the
> case of imported LIRC files, there are no <command> elements to replace
> anyway. The alternative is introducing an additional layer of
> abstraction, complicating the XML in one way, even though it simplifies
> in another.
I kinda like the look of that.  Anyone else with any thoughts?

TheAbbot;565206 Wrote:
> I'll try to find a definitive way of reproducing the timer error and let
> you have the full details. Pauses were all copy & pasted, but it's more
> than likely I made a mistake in the "order" attributes (I've deleted
> all the XML now). I couldn't see anything else in the log, but I'll
> double check that.A gap in the order sequence certainly could cause it as I
> use a counter
to work through the actions.  If it got to a missing one then that
error would be thrown and the code would not get to increment the
counter or stop the timer.  I'll look at suring up the code to silently
skip over any missing actions (I think menu items are ok as I use an
enumerator but actions are referenced by index).

--
indifference_engine