results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

Thanks *so* much for your help, Indifference, and your applet - I've got
my system working. All the commands I've tested operate, but as the
remote controls additional devices I don't have, I can't test
everything. It's academic now, but I'm still interested in how you
translated the LIRC codes into those for SqueezeIR.

Having been playing around with this for some time now, trying to make
it work, I've made a number of observations that would have made things
a bit easier for the way I've been through the process. These may only
apply to me, I might have misunderstood or there may be good reasons
for the way things are that I haven't considered, so please take them
for what they're worth:
    The sample XML file has a comment with some keycode constants in it.
  If these were defined in the config file, rather than just reported,
  users could add other combinations.
    It doesn't seem that uncommon to have one remote with more than one
  device ID - my <remotes> section would have been simpler and easier
  to refer to later on (i.e. only a single name) if commands could have
  been grouped within a device ID, rather than having a device ID
  assigned to the whole remote or individual commands only. For
  example, what about having a <command_group> tag with "device" and
  /or "sub_device" (did I see this somewhere?) attributes to be used as
  necessary?
    Would it be possible to make the return code from processing a file
  more prominent (I'm wondering about a coloured border around the
  menus - all of them, not just settings - when the result is anything
  other than 3, if that's at all practical to do)? In my case I saw no
  error message and the sound effect was playing when I tried to
  generate a command even though no commands had been correctly
  assigned to any menu items. It was almost by chance that I saw a
  forum post about this, looked in the "About" section and saw the
  "Warn" return code.
    Would there be a suitable way to combine the <profiles> and <menus>
  sections of the XML file? I'm sure many people would like to list all
  the available commands in the menu and then simply assign some to key
  presses. At the moment, there is duplication for these two methods of
  activating the same set of actions. <item  menu="false"> or a similar
  construct could remove entries from the menu if the user did not want
  them appearing there and items are then all defined in a single place.
    The "order" attribute on <item> and <action> can be hard to deal with,
  for obvious reasons: they each need to be generated (or at least
  edited) individually (no copy and paste) and reordering or inserting
  commands in a menu or <actions> list means renumbering all later
  entries. I was under the impression that pretty much all XML
  processors maintained element order (even though it's not mandatory
  in the spec). Is this attribute necessary for the Jive XML processor?
    The XML can get quite complicated. Is it necessary to have some / all
  of the extra levels the plural elements introduce (<keys>, <events>,
  <parameters>, <actions>, etc.)? It seems to me the XML would be
  easier to examine and write correctly if each <action>, for example,
  was a direct child of <event>.

Also, I managed to put the applet into an infinite loop by trying to
chain several commands together (I was wondering if other codes might
be understood by the amp, even if the remote didn't have buttons for
them).

I chained about twenty commands together with a 400ms pause like this:

Code:
--------------------
    <item order="21">
  <caption>Test 81-99</caption>
        <events>
                <event ID="press">
                        <modifier>once</modifier>
                        <actions>
                                <action order="1">
                                        <remote>RC-877_AMP</remote>
                                        <command>TEST81</command>
                                        <pause>2</pause>
                                </action>
                                <action order="2">
                                        <remote>RC-877_AMP</remote>
                                        <command>TEST82</command>
                                        <pause>2</pause>
                                </action>

                                <!-- Many more actions... -->

                        </actions>
                </event>
        </events>
  </item>

--------------------

and got this in the log several times a second until the Controller was
power cycled:

Code:
--------------------
    Jul 29 10:54:21 squeezeplay: WARN   squeezeplay.timer - Timer.lua:193 timer
error: ...usr/share/jive/applets/SqueezeIR/SqueezeIRApplet.lua:517: attempt to
index field '?' (a nil value)
--------------------

Not sure if I made a mistake or the applet did. Each of the "TESTxx"
commands was defined just like other ones in the <remotes> section and
the XML was loaded in with a "3 (success)" result.

I'm very grateful for this applet - as well as the general convenience,
it's solved a real problem in our house: my other half can't see the
amp's display to use the sleep timer when she's in bed without her
glasses on. Now she can use a simple key combination on the Duet
Controller and it sends the correct number of SLEEP commands to turn
the amp off in 30 minutes, after "The Now Show" finishes. Thank you
very much!

--
TheAbbot