results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

Dextrosan;574703 Wrote:
> Hello indifference_engine, first of all let me thank you for your great
> work. I have a Samsung TV, Yamaha receiver and everything is working
> very well.
>
> Lately I have been playing with an idea to incorporate network control
> of my receiver into SqueezeIR. I have done some experiments to control
> the Yamaha  DSP-Z7 using the lua socket extension library and I am
> successfully able to send commands using a rebuilt Doomsday applet. The
> next logical step for me was to try to put my code into SqueeezeIR, but
> I have to say that I got lost in your code pretty easily. Even though
> it is well documented I am unsure where to begin.
>
> I would like to ask you, whether you would be willing to point me in a
> constructive direction on how to proceed.
>
> The reason for this plan is for example to be able to change volume and
> not having to point the remote directly to the receiver (or from another
> room). Someone might ask why not just have a standalone applet for this,
> but I feel that having one tool for AV controls is just the right way to
> do it :) The commands I use work for the Yamaha  DSP-Z7 and Yamaha
> RX-V3900, but I am sure that other Yamaha receivers will have a similar
> approach. I also know that Denon receivers can be controlled in similar
> fashion.
>
> Oh and one last thing, I also wanted to ask you whether you would be
> willing to incorporate the WOL applet into SqueezeIR. I think it would
> be a great addition if one could make a macro turning on the TV,
> Receiver and a PC to play movies from it for example.
>
> That would be all and thanks again for your time and effort.

you want to use the controller to send commands over wi-fi to your amp?
I was unaware there were network-controllable amplifiers available.
How does that work?  Do you just send the amp an http request and it
performs some action based on the request?  It might not be too hard
once I have a better idea of how these things work.

--
indifference_engine