MillmoorRon;576287 Wrote:
> If I have iPeng open on my Touch and I shut down my computer, iPeng
> starts it up again!
>
> This only started happening with one of the most recent updates.
>
> Is this behaviour intentional? I thought it only sent the WOL packet at
> startup.

OK, this looks like WOL needs explaining :) Note to self: update
manual.

1. There is no "both" manual and automatic WOL. There is a "WOL on".
This needs to be enabled to have any WOL capability. You then also need
to set a MAC, if you just switch the switch iPeng will use a WOL it
auomatically detected - if there is one.

2. If you enable WOL, the default is to permanently send WOL packets on
startup and then every 30s or so.
If you do NOT want that, there's also a "manual WOL" setting. If you
enable THAT one, NO WOL packets will be sent automatically. Instead,
you get a "Power" button on the server item in the MultiPlayer screen.
Whenever you press that power button a WOL packet is being sent.
Use this if you only want to wake up servers incidentally.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com