robotron2;578372 Wrote:

> 1) the developer's web site is down - not sure why but this is
> disappoint for a $10 app. It occurred to me to look here for support,
> glad I did...

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like my provider rebooted the server
without letting me know. It's back up again.

> 2) there seem to be significant problems with the Rhapsody
> integration:
> a) when I try to play a Rhapsody album, the only option it gives me is
> to "play the album as shuffled". When I click on this, it plays the
> album in the album order, not shuffled

What happens if you tap the first track? Did you read "Help->Quick
Tutorials->Albums/Playlists" in the App? (It's the popup that comes up
automatically when you open an album the first time).
This works like on the iPod app, you have to simply tap the track to
use.

Shuffling generally doesn't work on Rhapsody, it's not an iPeng issue
but a MySqueezebox.com issue

> b) Once a Rhapsody album is playing, it appears to be impossible to add
> other Rhapsody songs or albums to the current play list

No, THAT works, at least for me. Again, have you read the tutorial I
mentioned above?

> c) When a Rhapsody album is playing and I try to play one of the
> pre-configured Rhapsody play lists, they don't play at all. Instead the
> album I was already listening to continues to play.

This works for me, albeit the menu is a bit weired, you have to select
"play playlist(1)" in Play mode... Again, have a look at that
tutorial.

> 3) there are some minor problems with the Slacker intgeration
> a) it does not appear to be the case that you can "heart" or "thumbs
> down" Slacker songs even though one can with the web user interface.

Of course you can. It's on the "NowPlaying" overlay that you get when
tapping the big cover. It's like on the Web interface, the icons
replace the "shuffle" and "repeat" icons which in turn are placed where
they are on the iPod app...
You can also use the context menu ("hold" the big cover art). There's
also a tutorial about context menus in "Help" in the app, that one did
also show up automatically.

> iPeng is a promising app - but nearly all of my listening is on
> Rhapsody and Slacker. Thus, these problems render the app not very
> useful to me. And it is frustrating that there is no obvious support
> web site. Free is free, but if I'm paying 10x as much as the average
> app store app, I expect commercial quality software that works as
> advertised.  I am curious if any of these things will be
> fixed...thanks.
All of them are working now :)
Sorry for the inconvenience about the web site.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com