pippin;581222 Wrote:
> Artists? That's strange. If it were the albums...
>
> Do you use McAfee? In any case, have you tried to exclude "*.MYI" files
> from scanning in your virus scanner?
> Which server version is this?
> Do you have any artists with strange looking names between the first
> 200 or 300 (sorry) artists in your library? Foreign characters should
> generally be OK, control codes can cause trouble.
>
> Oh, and are you sure your server had finished scanning when you flushed
> the cache in iPeng the last time?

The Artists vanished a couple of days ago.  Nothing on my sysem has
changed.  It was working fine then suddenly all Artists gone.  I have
not ripped any CDs and have made no changes to my music database.

i use Norton Anti Virus and have done for a few years without any
problems.

I have Flushed Cache after the Clear database and rescan has finished
running.

Squeezebox Server Version: 7.5.1 - r30836 @ Tue Jun 1 06:02:45 PDT 2010

--
norderney

Transporter (Black) - Arcam A85 Amp - B&W CDM1NT Speakers - Yamaha
CDRHD1500 Recorder

http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962