Juggler;582066 Wrote:

> In Playback mode, I only see the iPeng icon in the top-right, not the
> Play, Play-other-tracks or other buttons.

What do you mean by "other icons"? There should only be one which is a
toggle.
Which menu is this? "Playback mode" only has a meaning in Albums and
Playlists where this icon shows up, in all other menus tapping an item
will open another menu level.
see
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/general-usability/

> Likewise, when I click on an Album, the only "headline" I see is "Add
> all"--I do not see random.

Then you have probably selected "Play single Tracks" in iPeng's
settings and you have disabled "Play other tracks in album" in the
server's settings.
In this case, iPeng needs that headline item for the option to play all
tracks and can't display the "play shuffled" item.

BTW, this is not random, this will play exactly that album or playlist,
it will just enable the "shuffle" feature of the player.

> Finally, when in Playing mode, clicking on the random button beside the
> track position doesn't do anything... no change to the order or what
> track is played next.

That isn't supposed to do anything. It's just an indicator that this
item will shuffle your playlist.
Yet.... didn't you say you don't _have_ that item???

The whole item works like the "play shuffled" feature in the iPod App
on the iPhone. That one looks different now (it looked similar to
iPeng's until iOS 3.1.3; now it has a button instead of a row) but
still works in the same way.

--
pippin

---