Following up from another thread in another forum,
Wirrunna;592839 Wrote:
> Henry the Hijacker, have a look here - http://www.spicefly.com/ - there
> are guides and the MIP software.
> Basicly you have to :
> 1. Install MIP on the same computer as your Squeezebox Server (SBS).
> (download from Spicefly site)
> 2. Get MIP running and configured: Options in MIP, Services - enable
> the API , Watch Folders - add your library (I just run the GUI, running
> the Headless MIP was too complicated)
> 3. Enable the MIP plugin in SBS. For SBS to see the MIP API, MIP has to
> be started before SBS (or SBS stopped and restarted when MIP is going)
> 4. Clear and Rescan to import the MIP data into SBS.
> 5. Run the web GUI for SBS and you should be able to create mixes.
> 6. Look at loading the Spicefly plugin in SBS.I think I got steps 1-4 right.
I step 5 I don't see where/how to create mixes in the SBS web GUI?

Some other questions:

On the SpiceFly site somewhere it says "-Its recommended to set MIP to
“archive analysis” this places the fingerprint in the music file, just
like a mp3 id tag-". I don't see a setting in MIP for "archive
analysis"?

Does MIP add new tags to my music files to store info? Or does it
update existing tags? I don't want it to change any of the existing
tags that I have so painstakingly set up. I don't mind GENRE being
changed since I have not put much effort into that, but definitely
leave my ARTIST, ALBUM, TITLE, etc tags alone. What does the "Fix Tags"
button do? I am very afraid to press it.

There is some overlap between MIP and GenPUID (used by a script that I
have in MediaMonkey), but I don't think I quite understand what does
what. Is GenPUID a subset?

In MM I have set up the MusicIP Tagger script to "Store PUID in
Grouping" and "Update track genre". Is that compatible with MIP?

The MM script sometimes fails like this:
-C:\Users\Henry\Music\The Verve\Urban Hymns\1 - The Verve - Bitter
Sweet Symphony.mp3 - no results!-
Why?

Once I understand what GenPUID and MIP are doing to my music files I
will look into installing SugarCube.

--
Henry66