vw195;595823 Wrote:

> I still would like to fix the problem with my remote SBR not showing
> the weather icons.  It displays the background PNGs, any background
> art, weather from sdttext, everything except the icons.  I think it has
> to be something about the sdticon command that wants to send the icons
> over a different port than 3483 and 9000. I imagine if it requested the
> icons from a website instead of sbserver it would work.

What do you mean with "remote" SBR ?
Are we talking about a remote SBR connected to SBS through SSH/VPN or
something similar ?

The icons should be stored on the SBS in the SuperDateTime plugin and
they are retrieved using port 9000. If port 9000 is open, maybe it uses
the wrong IP address ?

If you configure debug logging on Custom Clock in the
Settings/Advanced/Logging, you should see a message in
/var/log/messages that starts with:
"Getting image for"

In this message, you will see which IP address and port it uses to get
the image.

To do this, you will need to login to your SBR using ssh, so if you
aren't familiar with ssh this could be a bit complicated. In that case,
just let me know exactly how your configuration and network between SBS
and SBR looks like and I'll see if I can see something that can cause
problems.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))