erland;595948 Wrote:
> Actually, I believe most(all?) of the other images do use the proxy, the
> difference is that they are retrieved from an online site (using port
> 80) and not from your SBS (using port 9000). Currently I think the
> proxy functionality only works for port 80 resources, the patched
> version in the previous post fixes this so it also works for online
> sites using other ports.
>
> The reason to use the proxy for online sites is that:
> 1. It's used for rescaling which is faster than doing it every time on
> the SBR with its slow processor and limited memory.
> 2. It's used for caching, retrieving an image from the proxy is faster
> than getting it from some of the online sites.
> 3. It's used to decrease the load on third party sites storing the real
> images.
>
> There is no reason to use the proxy for images stored in SBS and this
> is also not the case on a local network, the issue is just in a remote
> setup as yours.

OK That makes sense.  Perhaps a simpler solution is instead of looking
to SBS for the pngs, look to an external website that could be
specified instead.  Like a dropbox :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2586806/images/1.png

Of course the issue with this if SDT changed icons you wouldnt get
them, but I think these icons are pretty standardized anyway as far as
numbering so that might be an issue.  Of course I dont know if that
would have be changed in CustomClock or SDT

--
vw195