I have a problem with my Ipod Touch(3g) and iPeng. It is related to
battery consumption. If I shut down iPeng before letting the Touch
enter the screensaver the battery can last several days without a
problem.

If I keep iPeng running the battery is sometimes drained within hours,
but sometimes it seems to last just as long without quiting Ipeng. I
have tried to understand why this is happening.

Last couple of days I stopped the music(paused) via iPeng before
letting it enter the screensaver. This procedure seems to make the
battery last longer. Normally I stop music via the IR remote or the
touch screen. I am not entirely confident I have found a workaround,
but the first test turned out positive. I will try some more the
following days.

I have tried all other battery saving tips mentioned in this
thread(turning off notifications etc) with no success.

--
holkoz