bpa;609761 Wrote:
> I forgot Windows / Linux difference for the destination. There is no
> /dev/null on Windows - it is nul or nul: I think.  Perhaps that is the
> problem.

OK thanks I'll try that when next at pc.

bpa;609761 Wrote:
> I have a memory that VLC logging was picky for some reason so try to
> enable logging to a file from the GUI interface and then playing the
> stream to a nul device (to throw it away) from the GUI as before.  I
> think the logging interface in the GUI is turned in Preferences but you
> need to got to "Advanced" to get a menu with Logging.

Again will do.

bpa;609761 Wrote:
> Is vlc stopping after a period of time ?
> If so is it consistent (e.g. always about 2hr 34 mins) ?
> or perhaps does it stop at a similar time (e.g. on the hour, half hour)
> ?

To be honest not sure of exact timings. I'll have to start a log.
It seems to be ok for abouth 1.5 to 2 hours or so. I'm not always there
when it stops as sometimes I set it running and pop out at some point
and it's failed when I get back.
I'll try to log each time I set it running and when it fails.

--
cliver