nietgiftig;613702 Wrote:
> I have been running SvrPowerControl for about 8 months.
> Installed it by hand on an Ubuntu machine because the automatic script
> di not worked for me.
> I followed the instructions for this install by gharris999
> I am almost a n00b on Linux but hey, i managed it.
> And it was working good for me.
>
> A few weeks ago there have been some changes, an automatic update for
> ubuntu (new linux kernal) and an new squeezeboxserver.
> Witch of the updates (if any) is the reason i don't know but since that
> time i have problems with the suspend of the server.
> After suspend the server does an immediate resume.
>
> I'm searching in log files to find the what starts the resume but but
> can't find the reason.
> There are to many places in Linux where you can search for logfiles
>
> from the pm-suspend log:
>
> /etc/pm/sleep.d/action_wpa suspend suspend:success.
> Fri Feb 25 14:02:29 CET 2011: performing suspend
> Fri Feb 25 14:02:48 CET 2011: Awake.
> Fri Feb 25 14:02:48 CET 2011: Running hooks for resume
> /etc/pm/sleep.d/action_wpa resume suspend:success.
>
> from the SvrPowerControl log :
> Fri Feb 25 13:46:44 CET 2011: /usr/local/sbin/spc-wakeup.sh 1298656500
> Setting /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm to 1298656500 (2011-02-25
> 17:55:00)
> Fri Feb 25 13:47:50 CET 2011: /usr/local/sbin/spc-wakeup.sh 1298656500
> Setting /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm to 1298656500 (2011-02-25
> 17:55:00)
> Fri Feb 25 14:02:22 CET 2011: /usr/local/sbin/spc-wakeup.sh 1298656500
> Setting /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm to 1298656500 (2011-02-25
> 17:55:00)
>
> All my squeezeboxes (Duet / Boom / Radio) are wireless via an separate
> wireless switch.
> I've disconnected the switch so that none of the squeezeboxes could
> perform an WOL
>
> Can someone point me to an log where I can find the devil that holds
> the server awake?
> What is 1298656500 in the spc-wakeup-sh?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> By the way, SvrPowerControl is one of my most valuable plugins.
> Thanks for this one mr Harris
The "1298656500" is just the wake-up time expressed in "epoch time",
i.e. the number of seconds since midnight, January 1, 1970.  The
spc-wakeup.sh set wakealarm script needs the time to be expressed in
that format.  It should be the same thing as, in a terminal, executing
the command:

# date +%s

As for the spurious wake-ups, let's start with something basic and
conduct a little experiment.  I think the first possible cause of your
troubles that we'll want to confirm or eliminate is checking to see if
it's actual WOL packets or other network traffic that keeping the
machine from staying asleep.

So...do one of the following:

If your ubuntu machine isn't a headless server...i.e. it has a
keyboard, monitor, GUI, etc., just unplug the network cable and then
use SrvrPowerCtrl's webUI to initiate a suspend.

Alternately, if your machine is headless, then try to temporarily
disable WOL-ability by doing the following:

ssh into the server and execute the following command:

# sudo ethtool eth0 | grep "Wake-on"

Report back here to this thread what ethtool has to say about your
network interface.

Next, temporarily disable WOL:

# sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol d

Verify that the change "took":

# sudo ethtool eth0 | grep "Wake-on"

It should report back:

Code:
--------------------

  Supports Wake-on: umbg
  Wake-on: d

--------------------

Now, suspend the server using SrvrPowerCtrl...either through the webUI
or from a player menu or from iPeng or SqueezePad or what-have-you.

If under either of those scenarios the machine now says asleep, then
we've confirmed that the spurious wake-ups are probably being caused by
some kind of network traffic.

If you followed scenario 2 above, re-enable WOL-ability with this
command:

# ethtool -s eth0 g

Report back here your observations and we'll take our troubleshooting
to the next level, if need be.

--
gharris999