Good day from an rainy Holland
Thanks for replying to my small problem

gharris999;613804 Wrote:

> So...do one of the following:
> If your ubuntu machine isn't a headless server...i.e. it has a
> keyboard, monitor, GUI, etc., just unplug the network cable and then
> use SrvrPowerCtrl's webUI to initiate a suspend.
> Report back here to this thread what ethtool has to say about your
> network interface.

It returned

Code:
--------------------

  Supports Wake-on: g
  Wake-on: g

--------------------

> Next, temporarily disable WOL:
> # sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol d
> Verify that the change "took":
> # sudo ethtool eth0 | grep "Wake-on"
> It should report back:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > Supports Wake-on: umbg
  > Wake-on: d

--------------------

It returned

Code:
--------------------

  Supports Wake-on: g
  Wake-on: d

--------------------

> Now, suspend the server using SrvrPowerCtrl...either through the webUI
> or from a player menu or from iPeng or SqueezePad or what-have-you.
> If under either of those scenarios the machine now says asleep, then
> we've confirmed that the spurious wake-ups are probably being caused by
> some kind of network traffic.  You should be able to re-wake your
> machine by hitting the power button on the case.
> Report back here your observations and we'll take our troubleshooting
> to the next level, if need be.

The server stayed off.
I noticed that the Led on the Duet player became Blue as usual
The indicator on the Duet controller screen stayed white and after a
while it displayed "connecting to the server" (the nice rotating
circle)
The indicator on the duet controller now had become blue.
I don't recall the controller had this behaviour a couple of weeks
ago.
The time to the connecting screen was about the same as the time the
server resumed after suspend when wol was on.

I started the server again and the controller was immediate
reconnecting to the server.
Then I enabled wol again.
I removed the battery from the controller and waited till the server
suspended as normal (just changed the time to 5 minutes for speeding
things up :) )

At this point the server stayed off.
I could then start the server with my Boom and also with my Radio
(tried both) so I knew wol was working again
Reinserted the battery in the controller and after the server suspended
it did not resume !!!
Then I let the squeeze system play a few times the last song in an
directory waited and the system suspended nicely.
The reset of the controller seemed the solution

After 2 hours been suspended i did try again

Now the controller screen repeadely showes:
Cant'open file for : and then the http path presumably to the last
played file, i can't read it because it too long and in an scrollable
box but I can't scroll this screen.
Even when I am changing to another song the message is continuing with
the new file, the directory is changing for what I can see.

Done an software update on the controller.
The new problem stays the same.
After the start of a song the message pops up

Sometimes i have to control myself
Going to buy an Ipod I think.
I'don't think the problem lies with SvrPowerControl

Sorry for the long post.

I will try tomorrow again.
Now I am going to listen to some relaxing music.

--
nietgiftig