Gordon

I have been using ReallyPrevntStandby on my MacMini for a few weeks now
and it seems to work very well, with no issues.  I previously used
Server Power Ctrl to call on Jiggler but it was a bit clunky.

My only niggle now is Wake On Lan.  I had intermittent success using
wake on wireless lan for the MacMini when it was connected to my router
wirelessly.   I have now plugged the MacMini into an old Linksys
wireless router that I have flashed with DD-WRT and am using as a
wireless repeater bridge to extend the range of my main wireless
router.  This makes the WOLan feature of the squeezebox problematic,
because, I think, the MacMini is seen by network as having the MAC
address of the Linksys repeater bridge it is plugged into, and its true
MAC address is not visible across the network.  Hence, I presume, the SB
sends WOLan packets with the wrong MAC address attached.

There is a workaround that does OK for me.  I use a free Iphone App,
NetAwake to manually wake the MacMini, having previously saved its
correct MAC address, but it means that my SB can't for example wake the
server for an alarm call first thing in the morning.

Anyway, thanks for the plugins, they work very well  And if anyone out
there has any suggestions for getting SB WOLan to work across a
wireless repeater bridge, please let me know.

--
shawje