JerryS;615373 Wrote:
> Anal behaviour I know but it keeps me amused in retirement!
> Jerry
My nephew used the same posteriological term with respect to my
'tagging' habit, since I also am retired. At the time I was grumbling
about the mp3 versus flac differences in tags for 'band', 'album
artist' and 'albumartist'.  I was slightly miffed at the time, but
maybe he was right!  Personally I prefer the term 'nerd' term because
it sounds much younger.

I took the route of assigning a 'work' and 'movement' tag to each
track, as per Erland's recommendation for classical music, and it's
worked very well.  I've retained a CD title (or a rough approximation
anyway) as 'Album', since there are times when I want to play a whole
Album of mixed works as produced on CD (eg a song recital).  It did,
however, take an awful lot of effort to get every work/movement by
several different performers to have the same work/movement and title
(which is a combination of the two).

--
PasTim