JerryS;615373 Wrote:

> I am using 'composers' template.

If you just want the year, you can probably instead create a menu based
on the "artists" template and check the "Composer" checkbox in the
"Roles to include" option and set the name to "Composer" and make sure
the sorting option is set to "By Year". This should display the album
title and year for each entry.

However, if you really need both album title, artist and year, I don't
think it's possible to accomplish what you want without manually
adjusting the XML/SQL. Some clues follows below if you know SQL/XML and
want to try customizing it yourself. If you don't know SQL/XML I don't
recommend you to try this.

You need to change:
<itemformat>albumconcat</itemformat>
To:
<itemformat>album</itemformat>

You need to change the current SQL statement that starts with:
select albums.id,albums.title from contributor_album,albums
With a new statement that instead of albums.title output: (<artists>,
<year>)
The part within the parentheses will be displayed on the second row.
The query from the "albums" template and its "byyear" sorting option is
probably good inspiration.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))