Looking around I now see that WMP 11 on XP can't act as a DLNA client -
I need either Vista and WMP 11 or Windows 7 with WMP 12.  Fair enough -
when I am forced, or feel a desperate need, to upgrade I will.

In the Whitebear instructions, it says "In addition Whitebear is an
individual UPnP/DLNA compatible Digital Media Renderer (DMR) that acts
as a front end for each Logitech Squeezebox player that it finds in
your home audio network.  This enables UPnP/DLNA compliant Control
Points to control and play music files on the respective Squeezebox
player by means of the "Play To" context menu."

Since WMP 11 has no 'Play To' does that mean this functionality isn't
available to me, or that I need some other DNLA client?  Are there any
other recommended clients?

How can I tell that Whitebear has 'found' my players? I see a 'Player
Count' of 1 on the Status page, but can't see what this enables me to
do.  I am still confused.

--
PasTim