Mnyb;621137 Wrote:

> Sometimes absolutely nothing happens when pressing pause and the
> playlist dont update it can take up to a minute for this to rectify
> itself ?
> This can happen if I has iPeng in the background for a while using some
> other app . or I could just stopp it and restart it to regain player
> controll.

With any player or only iPeng's?
I do have the suspicion that there might still be something about the
cometd interface in 7.5.4 or 7.6 that's behaving strangely.
That said: most of the time these kind of things are iTingy-Router
issues. I'm having lots of issues with my iPad on 4.3 losing connection
to the router. It would still show as connected but you can't get any
communication for a while. This is not limited to iPeng, when it
happens it affects all Apps including Apple's.

> it has stopped crashing btw ?

Where? I did fix a few, there should be a new one on NewMusic

> It does not cache or keep album or new music views , seems unecessary
> that it should fetch this from the server every time i start the app

No, it's necessary to find out whether something has changed. There are
SBS versions out there that do _not_ update the lastscan field
correctly.
iPeng doesn't load everything from the server, just a first chunk
(except for NewMusic).

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com