hubbaloo;620790 Wrote:
> I have a problem with the playback feature. Ogg (-q 5) files cause it to
> stutter, and sometimes crash the app completely (normally when
> activating the screen again when it has turned off).
> No problem with mp3 and flac files. This has happened on the first
> release and also on the latest.
>
> Anyone experience this or are my files the problem? (Rubyripper ->
> Vorbis -q 5, Ubuntu)
>
> Thanks.

Could you send me a sample file that crashes iPeng?
coolio att penguinlovesmusic dott com

What confuses me is that there has been a significant change between
the first and second Playback version in iPeng in that the current one
does support ogg playback natively while the first one didn't so I
really would expect very different behavior.

Could you also check which file format is actually being used for
streaming? What you need to do for that is "hold" the cover on the
NowPlaying screen to bring up the context menu and then select "More
Info".

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com