Has anyone ever tried (and succeeded) using this Spotify plugin on a
SoftSqueeze software player over an SSH tunnel? I did search for an
answer but haven't found one yet.

I've tried using both the in-built SSH tunnel feature of SoftSqueeze
(3.9b2) and using Cygwin SSH manually. Both ways there is no audio and
the player sits at 'Now Playing (Connecting...)' until I stop it.

This SoftSqueeze instance is configured for direct streaming. Spotify
is working fine on SoftSqueeze at home where no tunnel is required. The
running Squeezebox Server is 'v7.5.4 - r32224' and the Spotify plugin is
up-to-date.

--
mattross