bpa;628139 Wrote:
> A threshold of 441000 bytes of Flac could be about a 5-8 secs delay if
> the stream is working normally.
>
> The 1.44Mbps PCM audio data is coming from audio driver to wavin2cmd
> through flac and then to SBS.  Your log shows input data stuck at 21120
> for 3 secs when the Flac stream should be providing data at about 60000
> bytes / sec.  Something is blocking the stream of data through
> wavin2cmd & Flac. This jamming is resulting in a very lumpy stream
> which would give stuttering as indicated by the "underrun" message in
> the log.
>
> The usual suspect is security s/w which is examining the streams. At a
> guess after the upgrade the security s/w has not been told that the
> support apps are trusted.  You should uninstall the security s/w to
> test if it is the cause - usually "disabling" the security s/w does not
> remove this sort of issue.
>
> Is the player synced ?

If by 'synced' you mean with another player, no other players are
running.  (When they are running they are software and synced, but they
are not running at all).

I'm still baffled as to how the data can be buffered for minutes (that
seems to be what the log says from 16:38 to 16:41).  I also don't see
why it was once running with almost no delay, and you now say it should
be a few seconds.

Anyhow, I'll try disabling my Norton 360.  I've checked it trusts flac,
wavin2cmd etc, and it does.  I really don't want to uninstall if I can
avoid it.  I'll let you know the result.

Your help is very much appreciated.  I'll be away for a while now, but
will check back in next week sometime.

--
PasTim