bpa;629665 Wrote:
> Just uninstall to see if it is the cause of the problem.  If it is then
> re-install and look for an option to minimise the intrusion.  Many
> security s/w think "socketwrapper" is potentially evil incarnate (it
> uses lots of threads and sockets) but Norton used to be one of the good
> guys

I'm not sure I'll achieve by uninstalling, testing and then
reinstalling (and resetting all the options I have already set such as
allowing socketwrapper to use any protocol), but I'll give it a go
sometime.

I'm about 90% sure Norton is the problem, but I've already turned every
option I can think of off and on (stopping and restarting SB each time).

Still, I guess it may be helpful to you & others to be sure Norton 360
is the problem.  I'll report back when I've tried it.

--
PasTim