tamanaco;649201 Wrote:
> I just needed to wait a few moments for the Revue to finish indexing the
> specific folder.
> So, the  lesson I learned here is that with large libraries you need to
> give the Revue a few moments to catch up.The UPnP Media Server
> ContentDirectory service defines two actions
called Browse() and Search().
Many client applications ignore the Search action and instead use only
the Browse action to download a local image of the remote content
directory into a local database, and then they use their own search
algoritms to find things within that local image database.

>From your description, it sounds like the Revue is doing just this...

The benefit is that once the local image is built, the searches can be
faster and more sophisticated. The disadvantage is that it takes time
to build the local image in the first place.

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver