maxxfell;657828 Wrote:
> When I start the squeezebox-server daemon, I get this result:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > :: Starting squeezebox-server daemon

                                                              [BUSY] [11-09-14
23:16:24.2125] main::init (350) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.6.1, r33110, Wed
Aug 17 19:52:41 MDT 2011) perl 5.014001
  > [DONE]
  > [matthew@mb-thinkpad ~]$
/opt/squeezebox-server/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifyd64:
 error while loading shared libraries: libspotify.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

/opt/squeezebox-server/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifydnoflac64:
 error while loading shared libraries: libspotify.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

/opt/squeezebox-server/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifyd:
 error while loading shared libraries: libspotify.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

/opt/squeezebox-server/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifydnoflac:
 error while loading shared libraries: libspotify.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

--------------------

> libspotify.so.8 is in the .../Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/ directory. And
> if I cd to that directory and invoke either spotifyd64 or spotifyd
> manually, either of them will run without errors and will let me use
> Spotify through the Squeezebox. even though the plugin settings say
> that the helper app is not running.
>
> So this is more of a minor irritation than a real problem, but I wish
> I could work out why it's happening. Any ideas?
>
> OS is Arch Linux, architecture is x86_64, squeezebox-server 7.6.1,
> plugin 2.0.3.

Found a solution: symlinks from /usr/lib and /usr/lib32 to
libspotify.so in the Spotify plugin directory.

Many thanks, Triode, for this excellent plugin.

--
maxxfell