Tony T;660050 Wrote:
> $80 or $50?

I thought I said it was "*examples*", the minimum price is $50, the
idea is that if you think it's worth $80 you should pay $80 to show
your appreciation and because of this also help ensuring that I can
keep maintaining and supporting the plugins/applets. The minimum prices
are hopefully clearly specified in the "How much should I pay ?" of the
page you reach when clicking on the "License options" link in the
License Manager settings page.

But just to make it extra clear, if you want to pay as little as
possible:
- $50 -> A package with a life time license of all my current
plugins/applets
- $20 -> A life time license of an individual plugin/applet
- $5 -> A one year license package with all my current plugins/applets.

So anyone that want to go unreasonably cheap just pays $5 per year and
get access to all my current plugins/applets. The result if a lot of
people select this option will of course be that this minimum amount
will be raised, but so far this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm starting to realize that it would have been easier to just set
strict prices a bit higher and make everyone pay exactly the same
amounts, that actually was my initial plan, but I thought it would be a
good idea to try this open price model first as it allows people that
wouldn't be able to afford higher prices to continue using the
plugins/applets.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.